Auth_digest not working

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sun Jul 31 22:53:43 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 06:03:47PM +0200, Matthias Fechner wrote:

> I have a very simple webserver running with php-fpm connected (to handle
> php scripts).
> It is running perfectly fine without authentication (on a FreeBSD
> installation).
>
> If I enable auth_digest (which is enabled in the FreeBSD port I
> compiled), I see only in the main error log the line:
> 2016/07/30 17:55:54 [alert] 7280#102036: worker process 7318 exited on
> signal 11

The auth_digest module is a 3rd party one.  And the message
suggests there is a bug in it, or it's not compatible with the
current version of nginx.

You may consider using an official module instead, auth_basic.
See here for details:

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_auth_basic_module.html

http://nginx.org/