"pid" directive is duplicate in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

Harkonnen nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Jun 2 08:01:12 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a very simple nginx web server on top of an archlinux
distribution. Here is my nginx.conf :

user                          http;
worker_processes    1;
error_log                   /var/log/nginx/error.log;
pid                            /var/run/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections    1024;
}

http {
    include             mime.types;
    default_type     application/octet-stream;
}

it's a very simple one, no nested includes other than mime.types. But when I
try to start my server, I have the following error :

 "pid" directive is duplicate in /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

And I don't know why, as there are no other "pid" directive. If I comment
the "pid" line, it's ok.

Can you explain me what am I missing ?

Thanks in advance

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,267309,267309#msg-267309