error log truncates important infos

philipp nginx-forum at
Wed Jun 15 13:51:43 UTC 2016

Hmm I understand that limitation. But an attacker or a bad application can
hide the important information which we need to identify the source of the

What about limiting the fastcgi output to 1024 bytes and appending this info
with max 1024 bytes.
client:, server:, upstream:
"fastcgi://unix:/var/run/", host: "" ,
request: "GET / HTTP/1.1"

[fastcgi - output max 1024][request info: client, server, upstream, host,
request - max 1024]

This would ensure that client, server and upstream are always provided. Host
and Request can be filled with "user generated" content, so you should put
it to the end. This would ensure that an attacker cannot hide the important