send_header with NGX_HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR code

Ortal nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Jun 16 15:41:01 UTC 2016

Hello, I have created my own NGINX module, which get rest request and return
a response.
When I send a response with status 500 (NGX_HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR) or
404 (NGX_HTTP_BAD_REQUEST) I see on the memory uses that the nginx processes
is growing up
 PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND
 8734 ortal      20   0 7761628 7.335g   1736 S     69.0       47.9
0:28.37 nginx

I am using the function 'ngx_http_send_header' which I saw uses
'ngx_http_headers_filter' which hadnle the cases of
NGX_HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR and NGX_HTTP_BAD_REQUEST different then
NGX_HTTP_OK for example.

What am I doing wrong? Which function should I use to send a bad response?

Thanks

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,267651,267651#msg-267651