Is there a length limitation on file extensions?

j.o.l nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Mar 8 20:34:23 UTC 2016

Thanks a lot for providing a working example. I reproduced it and yes works
with that server block. Then I tried to change until I discovered the
following. Here is my server block:

        server {
                listen          443 ssl;
                listen          8080;
                server_name     xxx;
                ssl_certificate /etc/letsencrypt/live/xxx/fullchain.pem;
                ssl_certificate_key /etc/letsencrypt/live/xxx/privkey.pem;
                root /usr/local/nginx/conf/websites/xxx;
                autoindex on;
                types {
                        application/x-ms-application application;

When I access that server using http, Content-Type is returned as defined,
when accessing it via https, Content-Type is missing. Strange, isn´t it?
Btw. I am using nginx 1.8.0.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,265148,265162#msg-265162