Nginx proxy_pass ssl nodejs socketio error

codedmart nginx-forum at
Wed Mar 9 06:39:24 UTC 2016

I am trying to track down what is going on but an not having any success. I
am using nginx as a proxy for ssl in front of my nodejs app. The http api
works fine. I have the websocket on a separate subdomain. I connects
sometimes but I have a ton of these messages in the error_log:

upstream prematurely closed connection while reading response header from

Here is my current config:

Any help or ideas on what to look for would be great.