Rev. proxying a java applet

aruzsi nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Mar 14 16:39:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm a beginner to nginx.

I want to rev. proxying a page with java applet. I think it is usual and
nothing special ...

This is my 1st config:

    location /pl-wbr/ {
        rewrite /pl-wbr/(.*) /$1 break;
        proxy_pass http://pl-wbr/;
        #proxy_redirect off;
        proxy_set_header Host $host;

The java applet wants to connect to TCP/7000 on the proxied host.
Something has happened but it doesn't work. :-(

I checked the access.log on the proxied Apache host and I couldn't see big
differences.
I think it is too general: I don't know any special thing about applet. It
is a simple serial
terminal on WEB page.
I used tcpdump to watch the network traffic and no communication on port
7000 on
my client machine.

Any help would be appreciated!

TIA,