dns name for upstream

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at nginx.com
Wed Mar 16 16:34:12 UTC 2016

On Friday 11 March 2016 07:01:49 Frank Liu wrote:
> Hi Valentin,
> Thanks for clearing up . I was looking at the wrong module.
> Do you have any comments to the other two questions?

 1. That will result in "502 Bad Gateway" response, and corresponding
    message will be written to error_log.

 2. There's the "resolve" parameter of the "server" directive in upstream,
    but it's available in commercial version only.

    See the docs:
    http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_upstream_module.html#server

    Back to your first question, this parameter has different behavior,
    it will preserve the old IPs in case of resolving error.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev