sites overlap in a EC2 server

ndrini nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sun Mar 20 13:07:58 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have an elatic virtual private server (EC2 VPS by Amazon), in which I
would like to host two website (ndrini.eu and dradambrosio.eu).

The first (ndrini.eu) is a django dinamic website,
and the second (dradambrosio.eu) is only a static file (to be simpler as
possible).

If only ndrini.eu is enabled, the ndrini.eu site works all right,
but if I enable also dradambrosio.eu, the first also stops to work.

These are my settings:

ndrini.eu

server {
    listen 80;
    server_name *.ndrini.eu;

    location /static {
        alias /home/ndrini/sites/superlists-staging.ndrini.eu/static;
    }

    location / {
        proxy_pass http://localhost:8000;

dradambrosio.eu

server {
    listen 80;
    server_name *.dradambrosio.eu;
    location / {
       root /home/ndrini/sites/loomio;
       index home.html;

Can someone tell me why and how to fix it?

Thanks,

Andrea

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,265512,265512#msg-265512