Trailing Slash redirection poblem

Muhammad Yousuf Khan sirtcp at gmail.com
Sun May 1 08:16:51 UTC 2016

>>The configuration you have shown says "if the request is for /live/,
>>ask the browser to instead request /live".

>>The configuration you have not shown says "if the request is for /live,
>>ask the browser to instead request /live/".

Thanks for the tip I think I got the problem but could not resolve it.
try_files $uri $uri.html $uri/ /index.php?q=$request_uri;
I even tried deleting “$uri.html $uri/” but still creating loop. I know
this is a important line to display wordpress pages .  now the error turn
404 from redirection loop.

>>You should not have both of those in the same configuration file, or
>>you get a loop.

Yes I got this now as shared. Thanks for the tip again.

>>The not-shown configuration is usually a very good idea if "/live"
>>is to be served from the filesystem and corresponds to a directory.

>>So: why do you want to remove the trailing slash, in the shown
>>configuration?
Actually this is a requirement from my client.

>>If you want /live to redirect to /live/, then you should configure thing
>>such that /live/ does not redirect to /live.

No I want /live/ to be redirected to /live and the rule which is
redirecting /live to /live/ and ending up as loop Is also important.  Any
helpful advice is highly appreciated.