Trailing Slash redirection poblem

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue May 3 19:22:50 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 02, 2016 at 05:48:12PM +0500, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

Hi there,

> Thanks for the reply, actually we have 5 categories. and then we have
> hundred plus post in each category. now when user click on our category. he
> sees intro about the category and then list of all posts.
> when user click on catagory it open up like this
> https://xxxx.com/catagory/

It sounds to me like that is an internal-to-wordpress thing, so you
may be better off removing any clever nginx config and just configure
wordpress to create the links that you want it to create.

(I do not know if it possible to configure wordpress like that.)

> and when post is clicked it opens up like this
> https://xxxx.com/catagory/posts.html
>
> but now what client want is when some one open up the category it should
> open up like this.
> https://xxxx.com/catagory (with out trailing slash)

When someone clicks on catagory, they are following a link in whatever
html was returned from their previous request. If that link has a trailing
slash, they'll ask for the trailing slash.

If the content on the catagory page contains links like "post1.html",
then you will need the trailing slash -- or you will need to change
the content to be of the form "catagory/post1.html". That should all be
configurable within wordpress, if anywhere.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org