timeout with UWSGI?

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue May 10 20:30:40 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 03:29:24PM -0400, Alex Hall wrote:

Hi there,

> Sometimes, by the time it does this, Nginx has given up on
> it, so I see an IOError reported in the log because of a broken pipe. I'm
> wondering how I can increase the timeout limit, to make Nginx wait longer
> before closing this connection? Thanks!

What directive do you use to tell nginx to talk to the upstream service?

Put that directive after "http://nginx.org/r/", and visit that url. That
should bring you to the documentation for that directive.

Go to the top of the page; there is a list of all of the other directives
that that module provides.

Probably you care about the "read timeout" directive: you can invite nginx
to wait longer between successive successful read operations; or you can
configure your upstream service to write something more frequently that
it currently does.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org