Replace apache with nginx

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue May 10 21:09:05 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 11:25:18AM +0300, Christian Ivanov wrote:

Hi there,

> Hello there. I want to migrate my website only on nginx. I setup
> everything, but have issue with my htaccess.

I'm not entirely sure of what specifically you are looking for here.

Perhaps the secure link module
(http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_secure_link_module.html) or
other similar things can help?

> Here is the file:
>
> [root at server]# cat .htaccess
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>     RewriteEngine On
>     RewriteRule ^audio-(.*)\.html$ %{ENV:BASE}/audio_redirect_mask.php [L]
>     RewriteRule ^s/(.*)$ %{ENV:BASE}/audio_redirect_source.php?u=$1 [L]
> </IfModule>
> [root at server]#
>
> Somebody to have good idea, how can I replace this htaccess and execute
> rewrite, without mod_php with apache or php-fpm?

Can you describe the intended behaviour here? As in, if I request
/audio-file.html, what response should I get?

Or alternatively: what request should I make, in order to be sent the
content of the file /usr/local/nginx/html/audio-file.html?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org