timeout with UWSGI?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed May 11 14:34:53 UTC 2016

Ineeed. Sorry about that. The problem is that I can't capture the output of
nginx -V, as--for some reason--the > symbol is only producing an empty
file. I can't copy and paste directly from or to the prompt either. If you
tell me what you're looking for in nginx -V, I can tell you that value, but
there's a lot of information there.

My site configuration file is:

server {
  include restrictions/localOnly;
  listen 80;
  server_tokens off;
  server_name myapp.mysite.com;
  location / {
    include uwsgi_params;

  location /static {
    alias /var/www/myapp/app/static;

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 3:24 AM, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 05:09:21PM -0400, Alex Hall wrote:
> Hi there,
> > We may be finding the problem... I'm not sure what you mean by 'upstream
> > service'.
> Somehow, you tell nginx to talk to "the next server". It can be with
> "proxy_pass" or "fastcgi_pass" or, most likely here, "uwsgi_pass".
> "the next server" is the upstream, in this context.
> And the directive is whichever *_pass you use here.
> Cheers,
> --
> Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org

Alex Hall