Anyone running OSTicket with Nginx?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Wed May 11 20:03:07 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I'm using Nginx (obviously), but I want to try OSTicket. The only supported
servers for it are, for whatever reason, Apache and IIS. I hate IIS, and I
don't know how I'd run Apache and Nginx together (plus Nginx seems much
simpler than Apache to me). Does anyone have OSTicket working under Nginx
by any chance?

I've followed this recipe:
https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/start/topics/recipes/osticket/
but I can't get it to work. It hits a wall during installation, saying that
it can't create configuration settings (#7). If anyone has this up and
running successfully, I'd love to know how you did it. Hopefully the
OSTicket team will eventually support Nginx natively, but I'm not holding
my breath.

--
Alex Hall
Automatic Distributors, IT department