Serving website with Apache, with Nginx as interface?

Alex Hall ahall at autodist.com
Fri May 13 17:24:57 UTC 2016

As a quick update, setting
proxy_set_header Host $host;
seems to have gotten the URL working, but OSTicket is still giving me the
same error I was getting when I was serving it with Nginx directly. Worse,
the Apache2 access log shows none of my recent attempts to access the site,
though it does show older ones. The Nginx access log shows all the
accesses, though. It's as though the proxy weren't working properly at all.
I have it set up in a location:

upstream apache2Redirect {
  server 127.0.0.1:8080;
}

location / {
  proxy_set_header Host $host;
  proxy_pass http://apache2Redirect;
}

My understanding is that the / will match everything, from /index.html to
/images/small/235.jpg. Is that not the case? Do I need to do something to
my location block, by chance?

ahall at autodist.com