nginx reverse proxy with rtmp

Zin Man lists at ruby-forum.com
Sat May 14 00:04:39 UTC 2016

I am trying to use nginx reverse proxy to connect to a nginx rtmp server

2 servers a and b

a = nginx with rtmp ( videos loacated here )

b = nginx reverse proxy

the reverse proxy is working good with http to stream my videos from
server "a"

but i am not able to use it after installing rtmp on server "a"

this is my old server b config

server {
      listen 80;
      server_name server_a_name;
      location / {
      proxy_pass http://ip of server a/;

                proxy_set_header Host      $host;
                access_log      off;
                log_not_found   off;
=   }
}

so after installing nginx rtmp on server a i have tried this config on
server b

rtmp {
    server {
            listen 1935;
    application vod {

        pull rtmp://ip of server a:1935;
also tried pull rtmp://ip of server a:1935/vod/;

and this is the config on server a

rtmp
{
    server
    {
            listen 1935;
            notify_method get;
            on_play http://127.0.0.1/vod_handler;
            application vod
            {
                    play /home/files/public_html/cgi-bin/uploads/;
thanks