Serving website with Apache, with Nginx as interface?

Francis Daly francis at
Tue May 17 17:37:14 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 08:50:44AM -0400, Alex Hall wrote:

Hi there,

> Well, it seems to be working now, and I'm thoroughly embarrassed about it.
> The Nginx/Apache setup is fine, and has been, it seems.

Thanks for reporting that result -- it'll help the future reader of the
mailing list (

> I re-granted
> privileges to my OST user, and suddenly the installation completed.

You have a working system, so it is sensible to leave well-enough alone.

But if you feel like further investigations -- does it now work for you
with nginx/fastcgi, using an nginx config like the one previously posted?

Francis Daly        francis at