Proxy Pass | Upstream with query_string

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Tue May 24 16:44:33 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 10:17:55AM -0400, hbajaj2 wrote:

Hi there,

> I need to use proxy_pass directive for the upstream server which has
> query_string, which allows it to authenticate to the upstream server. How
> can i ensure that query string is pass-on with every request that goes via
> this reverse proxy.

proxy_pass (http://nginx.org/r/proxy_pass) allows you to build the host,
port and uri to request, using variables.

Probably you can use that to arrange what you want.

What request does the client send to nginx? What request should nginx
send to its proxy_pass upstream?

When you know that, it may be more obvious what proxy_pass configuration
to use.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org