AW: AW: Nginx Kodi User Agent secure_link blocking / banning

c0nw0nk nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Nov 3 18:17:35 UTC 2016

Well I do use Nginx with Lua I was planning on writing up a little Lua to
replace body_contents outputs and include some JavaScript to append src
links.

For example in HTML :
<source src="file.mp4?md5=jobIVRUfgH6USADuWsqJHr818vw&expires=1478192353"
type="video/mp4" />

I would use Lua to obtain the link between the quotation and replace it with
"" (Making it empty) and then use Lua to insert JavaScript like so into the
body contents and have my link in that.

<script type="text/javascript">
window.onload = MediaReplacement()
function MediaReplacement() {
var _video =
"/file.mp4?md5=jobIVRUfgH6USADuWsqJHr818vw&expires=1478192353";

var videoTags = document.getElementsByTagName("source");
videoTags[0].src = _video;
}
</script>
<video width="320" height="240" controls="controls">
<!-- MP4 for Safari, IE9, iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone 7 -->
<source src="" type="video/mp4" />
</video>

The benefit of this that can allow me to break these Kodi users with Nginx +
Lua is I can have the "_video" var in my regex outputs dynamicly changing
making it hard for their regex inside their Kodi plugins to pick up on and
it also has a added benefit it forces browsers with JavaScript disabled to
enable JavaScript in order to watch videos. So it kills a few birds with one
stone.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,270705,270739#msg-270739