How to delay requests from once unauthorized IP address

hide nginx-forum at
Wed Nov 9 12:34:21 UTC 2016

Hello Andrei.

Thank you very much for your response but I cannot understand how I can take
HTTP status 401 for a particular client into account with
ngx_http_limit_req_module. I have some experience with
ngx_http_limit_req_module: I limit the frequency of each client with
$binary_remote_addr key. But I would like to set a stricter limit for those
only who get HTTP status 401. I cannot understand how this can be done with

Can you give an example configuration for this with limit_req_zone and

Thank you if you answer.