504 Bad gateway error when server date/time is changed

hemanthnews at yahoo.com hemanthnews at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 06:06:18 UTC 2016

Hi,
I did find a ticket https://trac.nginx.org/nginx/ticket/189 for the issue mentioned below.
The ticket seems to be still open!!
Any suggestions on how to handle this?

--------------------
-Best
Hemanth

From: Hemanth Kumar via nginx
Sent: Friday, November 4, 2016 9:43 AM
To: nginx at nginx.org
Cc: Hemanth Kumar
Subject: 504 Bad gateway error when server date/time is changed

Hi,
Following is the environment
OS: CentOS 7 (64 bit)
NGINX: 1.10.1
PHP/PHP-FPM:  5.6
ZF2
Apache 2.4

The Web application is running with HTTPD configured to port 9080 and NGINX on port 80
There is an option to set the date, time and timezone from the app.
Whenever the date or time is changed on port-80, I get a 504 Bad gateway error but this error is not seen when Apache is used.
When the timezone is changed, this 504 error does not come.

NOTE: The entire application is being serviced using message queue and when the time/date setting is bypassed,  I don't see the error.

Any idea why NGINX is behaving this way?

-Best
Hemanth

-Hemanth