AW: RE: slow https performance compared to http

adrhc nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Nov 14 08:07:50 UTC 2016

Lukas Tribus Wrote:
> > I'll do it but I guess the test will no longer be so relevant
> because I want
> > to simulate different users.
>
> Real user/browser DO keep-alive. ...

I agree but I think that separate/different simultaneous users won't use a
common connection so for this very specific scenario keep-alive won't
matter. Of course for every individual user keep-alive will matter but this
aspect for the moment I won't to ignore in testing.

For this specific scenario (separate/different simultaneous users) is this
ratio http/https (4600/550) abnormal?

PS: with Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) the ration is 40% lower

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,270898,270914#msg-270914