Reverse proxy should send server_name

Mik J mikydevel at
Tue Nov 22 18:51:28 UTC 2016

I don't know how to finalise my reverse proxy setup.
Client <--Internet-->Reverse_Proxy<--LAN-->Web_ServerWhen a client connects to FQDN, the request is followed to the IP address of the webserver such aslocation ^~ / {
         proxy_pass;And it works but the request appears is if the client typed from the web server point of view

The problem comes when some applications on the web server behind the reverse proxy wants to see the request as if the client typed
I would be tempted to write this on my reverse proxylocation ^~ / {
         proxy_pass;But it wouldn't work because the request would be dns solved and not sent to

What should I write on the reverse proxy so that the IP paquet is sent to but the HTTP GET request hits the virtual host on the back end web server ?