Nginx headers to be set at the time of request processing

Francis Daly francis at
Wed Nov 23 20:21:46 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 01:22:42PM -0500, Sushma wrote:

Hi there,

> I understand that proxy_set_header sets headers before proxying the request
> to the upstream server.

proxy_set_header adds extra http headers to the request that nginx sends
to its upstream as part of the proxy_pass configuration.

> Is there some way I can set the headers at the time of request processing
> itself not just before proxying to upstream servers?

I do not know what you mean by that question.

What headers are you referring to, specifically?

Francis Daly        francis at