SNI and certs.

Jeff Dyke jeff.dyke at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 21:07:59 UTC 2016

Just a personal preference, but i put an https version in front of all
sites(and redirect 80 to 443) and keep the certs up to date for free with
lets-encrypt/certbot (i have nothing to do with the company), with SNI,
 one IP. This is simple as I keep the nginx configurations up to date with
a configuration management tool (saltstack in my case).

That's my philosophy on 80 vs 443 and a mixed case, i like the consistency
in my configuration and the ability to maintain groups of configuration
types based on site needs.  And you do get a small SEO boost for being
https forward.

Jeff