Problem nginx perf

etiennej nginx-forum at
Thu Oct 27 14:15:57 UTC 2016

Hello !

I've got some strange behaviour testing nginx with gatling.

My scenario is : 50 users over 1 second try to access one very simple html
page (only "test" in it).
nginx conf for conf.d/test.conf :
server {
	listen 80;
	location /test {
	alias /var/www;
	index index.html;}

I find my results  strange because access time go from 4ms to 366ms ! My
configuration is pretty simple but it shouldn't be a problem for nginx to
handle connections on such a simple request on 50 concurrent users ?

I added these lines to the standard conf. In nginx.conf :
keepalive_timeout 65;
keepalive_requests 100000;
sendfile       on;
tcp_nopush     on;
tcp_nodelay	   on;

Number of workers is on auto.

Is there something big i'm missing ? My server is 4 proc and 2 Go Ram.
Needless to say this simple test doesn't overflow the ressources.