limit-req and greedy UAs

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Mon Sep 12 22:30:01 UTC 2016

Most of the chatter on the interwebs believes that the rate limit is per connection, so if some IP opens up multiple connections, they get more bandwidth.

It shouldn't be that hard to just test this by installing a manager and seeing what happens. I will give this a try tonight, but hopefully someone will beat me to it.

Relevant post follows:
‎-----------
On 17 February 2014 10:02, Bozhidara Marinchovska
<quintessence at bulinfo.net> wrote:‎
> My question is what may be the reason when downloading the example file with
> download manager not to match limit_rate directive

"Download managers" open multiple connections and grab different byte
ranges of the same file across those connections. Nginx's limit_rate
function limits the data transfer rate of a single connection.‎

‎
http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx/2014-February/042337.html
-------
‎