Start nginx worker process with same user as master process

Sushma nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Sep 20 10:48:41 UTC 2016

Hi Francis,

Thanks for your update.
When nginx is installed (checking with -V option), I see that the user
specified is "nginx" user.
However my master and worker process are run as a different user (non root
user).
In this case I see that many of the directories in nginx are owned by nginx
user. (probably bcos it was installed as nginx?).
Is there a way to mention that  I need this new user.

nginx: [warn] the "user" directive makes sense only if the
master process runs with super-user privileges, ignored in
/usr/local/nginx/conf/nginx.conf:6
Wth this , it looks like I cant change the user directive in nginx.conf file
since it does not have any effect.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,269006,269677#msg-269677