nginx can't spawn sub process

shang yu yushang at outlook.com
Wed Sep 28 15:41:38 UTC 2016

Hi dear all,

I compiled nginx 1.8.1 from source on Windows XP . when I run it , it can spawn sub process but the sub process crashed immediately .

BTW , because I did not install cygwin on my system . I create the needed files ngx_auto_headers.h ngx_auto_config.h and ngx_modules.c

ngx_auto_headers.h is

#ifndef _NGX_AUTO_H
#define _NGX_AUTO_H

#ifndef NGX_WIN32
#define NGX_WIN32 1
#endif

#endif

ngx_auto_config.h is

#ifndef _NGX_AUTO_CFG
#define _NGX_AUTO_CFG

#define NGX_CONFIGURE "manual"

#define NGX_WIN32 1
#define NGX_CPU_CACHE_LINE 32

#define NGX_CONF_PATH "conf/nginx.conf"
#define NGX_ERROR_LOG_PATH "logs/error.log"
#define NGX_PID_PATH "logs/nginx.pid"
#define NGX_LOCK_PATH "logs/nginx.lock"
#define NGX_HTTP_LOG_PATH "logs/access.log"

#define NGX_HTTP_CLIENT_TEMP_PATH "temp/client_body_temp"
#define NGX_HTTP_PROXY_TEMP_PATH "temp/proxy_temp"
#define NGX_HTTP_FASTCGI_TEMP_PATH "temp/fastcgi_temp"
#define NGX_HTTP_UWSGI_TEMP_PATH "temp/uwsgi_temp"
#define NGX_HTTP_SCGI_TEMP_PATH "temp/scgi_temp"

#define NGX_HAVE_SELECT 1

#define NGX_HAVE_AIO 1
#define NGX_HAVE_IOCP 1

// http modules

#endif

ngx_modules.c is

#include <ngx_config.h>
#include <ngx_core.h>

extern ngx_module_t ngx_core_module;
extern ngx_module_t ngx_errlog_module;
extern ngx_module_t ngx_conf_module;
extern ngx_module_t ngx_events_module;
extern ngx_module_t ngx_event_core_module;

extern ngx_module_t ngx_http_module;
extern ngx_module_t ngx_http_core_module;
extern ngx_module_t ngx_http_log_module;
extern ngx_module_t ngx_http_upstream_module;
extern ngx_module_t ngx_http_static_module;
extern ngx_module_t ngx_http_index_module;

ngx_module_t *ngx_modules[] = {
&ngx_core_module,

&ngx_errlog_module,
&ngx_conf_module,
&ngx_events_module,
&ngx_event_core_module,

// http modules
&ngx_http_module,
&ngx_http_core_module,
&ngx_http_log_module,
&ngx_http_upstream_module,
&ngx_http_static_module,
&ngx_http_index_module,
NULL
};

what are missed which may cause the crash ? many thanks