Login-Credentials based redirection?

Ajay Garg ajaygargnsit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 13:45:51 UTC 2017

Hi All.

We have setup multiple ssh-reverse tunnels, and our server will be
listening to ports from 9000 to 10000.
The server will have a public-IP, and we DO NOT want just anyone to look
into any of the ports by trying :: and so on ...

So, we are wondering if we can do something like this ::

1. User types in a URL, let's say
2. The user gets presented with a login/password page.
3. Depending upon the credentials passed, the user gets "proxied" to the
appropriate end-url.

So, a user with credentials for port 9000 will ONLY be able to see
A user with credentials for port 9001 will ONLY be able to see, and so on ..

An important point to note that the URLs, must be not be directly accessible, else it defeats the
purpose of authentication at first place.

Is the above approach feasible logically and technically-via-nginx?

Will be grateful for pointers.

Thanks and Regards,