Configuring a subnet in an upstream server

Aleksandar Lazic al-nginx at
Fri Apr 7 23:42:05 UTC 2017

Am 03-04-2017 18:09, schrieb Dynastic Space:

> I used a poor example.
> The functionality I was interested in was adding a range of application
> servers, all part of the same domain.

I think you have the following options.

.) or list every app server in the upstream block
.) DNS rr with resolver
.) in the commercial version is also a service=name and resolve possible

You can also use a script which creates from a server
line for the upstream and include it into the nginx.conf

You can add in the log format the upstream address to see to which app
server the request was forwarded.