HTTP/2 on the Upstream

Igal @ Lucee.org igal at lucee.org
Thu Apr 13 15:16:22 UTC 2017

Maxim,

On 4/13/2017 8:07 AM, Maxim Dounin wrote:
> Note: there is no HTTP/2 push support in nginx as of now.  If you
> indeed see the resources being pushed with the "Link" header,
> likely you are using cloudflare and this is something Cloudflare
> does for you.
Thank you for clarifying.  That did puzzle me a bit and I thought that I
simply misunderstood the Push process.

What I see in Developer Tools is that the resources that I reference in
the "Link" header are downloaded first, and are downloaded faster.  The
"Initiator" of those resources shows as "Other", as opposed to most
other resources who show something like a URI.

> Note well that pushing all of the resources used on the page
> is very likely to do more harm than good, since in many cases
> browsers already have static resources cached.
Understood.  I am only "pushing" (I guess not a real push, but a
suggestion to the browser via the "Link" header) links to a few
resources that are required for loading and rendering the page, like the
stylesheet, javascript, and image sprite.

Thanks,

Igal Sapir
Lucee Core Developer
Lucee.org <http://lucee.org/>