Trailing Slash Redirect Loop Help

Steven Hartland steven.hartland at multiplay.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 15:35:02 UTC 2017

If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, then I think you
want something like:

# Ensure no tailing slashes
rewrite ^/(.*)/$ /$1 permanent;

location @upstream {
	proxy_pass https://xxxx:xportNumber;
	proxy_set_header  Host $host;
	proxy_set_header  X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
	proxy_set_header  X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
	proxy_connect_timeout 600;
	proxy_send_timeout 600;
	proxy_read_timeout 600;
	proxy_redirect off;
}

location / {
	try_files $uri $uri/ @upstream;
}

This will accept /wibble/ and rewrite it to /wibble (this will be passed
back to the client which will then re-request /wibble) when the new
request rewritten comes it the server will still look for local matches
of /wibble (the file) and /wibble/<index files> (the directory) when
searching for the content to serve and if not found will pass the
request to your upstream server.

     Regards
     Steve