Problem with uWSGI and PATH_INFO

Francis Daly francis at
Sun Aug 6 09:59:33 UTC 2017

On Sat, Aug 05, 2017 at 11:47:24AM -0400, Etienne Robillard wrote:

Hi there,

> The workaround suggested below is not working.

>From the words here, it is not clear to me what specific configuration
you are using.

> The only case where
> Django correctly handle uWSGI transport is when PATH_INFO is set to
> DOCUMENT_URI in uwsgi_params. So can someone please explain how to
> set uWSGI to run a WSGI app in FastCGI (backward-compatible) mode?

I don't know enough about Django to understand that question.

I do know enough about nginx to believe that nginx does not care what
Django does.

The only thing that seems to be missing, from an nginx perspective, is:
what does the uwsgi-server want to receive for this request?

That is:

> >>It all comes down to: for one specific http request, what values do
> >>you want SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO to have when they are sent to the
> >>uwsgi upstream?

If someone will provide one explicit example of what behaviour is wanted,
then it may be clear what the appropriate nginx config for this case is.

Francis Daly        francis at