nginx and uwsgi in docker in vagrant in vmware - Permission denied on socket

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 23:33:37 UTC 2017

Inside the docker container the dir is /opt/django/CAPgraph/.

That is mounted as a volume in docker from a dir in the
vagrant/virtual box VM from /home/vagrant/CAPgraph.

That dir is virtual box disk is created as
C:\Users\Administrator\VirtualBox
VMs\CAPgraph_default_1503066942637_58036\box-disk1.vmdk in the VMware
VM.

That is created on the Mac as /Users/LarryMartell/Documents/Virtual
Machines.localized/Windows Server 2016.vmwarevm.

Inside the docker container the file look like a socket:

# ls -l app.sock
srw-rw-rw- 1 root root 0 Aug 19 16:56 app.sock

uwsgi creates it and binds to it without an error.