Trouble with redirects from backend

Rainer Duffner rainer at
Sun Feb 12 00:26:51 UTC 2017

I have typo3 with nginx running behind an nginx reverse-proxy, mapped to a subdirectory.

So, it's

Typo3 has RealURL extension installed and that adds a "slash" at the end if it's not sent by the browser - this is done via a redirect.

The trouble is that when this redirect is issued, the nginx reverse proxy turns it into a redirect into the main site.

turns into

I have the following configuration for nginx on the reverse proxy:

        location /ourtypo3 {
                include proxy.conf;
                proxy_set_header HTTPS on;
                proxy_pass http://ourtypo3:80/;

How can I fix this?

At first, I tried hard-coding the redirects on the reverse-proxy. But that's a lot of work and not really a solution.

nginx 1.10