How to cache static files under root /var/www/html/images

Ebayer Ebayer ebaystardust at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 21:07:46 UTC 2017

I want to cache critical files indefinitely regardless of them being hot or
stale until they're purged (by the app).

Thanks

On Feb 15, 2017 4:30 AM, "Rainer Duffner" <rainer at ultra-secure.de> wrote:

Am 14.02.2017 um 21:25 schrieb Ebayer Ebayer <ebaystardust at gmail.com>:

Is there a more deterministic way besides fully trusting the MMU? I really
don't think the MMU will execute well on what I'm setting to accomplish.
Some more info:

* I run Linux 2.6.32 (RH's)

* I don't trust /dev/shm as a memory store

* I want the kernel to keep files cached for a pre determined length of
time Xmns

* Don't want to think too hard about how the MMU evicts pages and how that
affects caching exactly

You are overthinking this problem.

Get a better OS if you don’t trust your current one.

How large is your dataset? How much of that is „hot“?
What’s your specific use-case?