SSL Passthrough

agforte nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Feb 17 22:37:47 UTC 2017

Francis,

thank you for your reply. It seems I have fixed the issue. However, I just
wanted to say that in stream mode, you can use NGINX as a forward proxy as
well. As you mention, in stream mode, NGINX behaves as a "TCP router" in the
sense that it just relays segments or packets using the correct network
interface as per routing tables. In other words, NGINX is not aware if it is
proxying packets inside or outside, it is just "routing" them according to
its config file and the OS IP tables (i.e., selecting the correct network
interface).

Ciao,
-A.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,272487,272494#msg-272494