hemelaar at desikkel.nl
Sun Feb 26 09:43:53 UTC 2017
I tested the new proxy_cache_background_update function to serve stale
content while fetching an update in the background.
I ran into the following issue:
- PHP application running on www.example.com
- Root document lives on /index.php
As soon as the cache has expired:
- A client requests http://www.example.com/
- Nginx returns the stale response
- In the background Nginx will fetch
instead of index.php or just /)
- The backend server returns a 404 (which is normal)
- The root document remains in stale state as Nginx is unable to fetch it
As a workaround I included "rewrite ^/index.html$ / break;" to rewrite the
/index.html call to a simple / for the backend server.
This works, but is not ideal.
Is there a better way to tell Nginx to just fetch "/"?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the nginx