nginx cache mounted on tmpf getting fulled

omkar_jadhav_20 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Fri Jan 6 05:40:55 UTC 2017

Hi,

I am using nginx as webserver with nginx version: nginx/1.10.2. For faster
access we have mounted cache of nginx of different application on RAM.But
even after giving enough buffer of size , now and then cache is getting
filled , below are few details of files for your reference :
maximum size given in nginx conf file is 500G , while mouting we have given
600G of space i.e. 100G of buffer.But still it is getting filled 100%.

fstab entries :
tmpfs                   /cache/123            tmpfs   defaults,size=600G
   0 0
tmpfs                   /cache/456            tmpfs   defaults,size=60G
  0 0
tmpfs                   /cache/789            tmpfs   defaults,size=110G
   0 0

cache getting filled , df output:

tmpfs                              tmpfs      60G   17G   44G  28%
/cache/456
tmpfs                              tmpfs     110G  323M  110G   1%
/cache/789
tmpfs                              tmpfs     600G  600G     0 100%
/cache/123

nginx conf details :

proxy_cache_path    /cache/123 keys_zone=a123:200m levels=1:2 max_size=500g
inactive=3d;

server{
listen 80;
server_name   dvr.catchup.com;
location  ~.*.m3u8 {
access_log /var/log/nginx/access_123.log access;
proxy_cache off;
root    /xyz/123;
if (!-e $request_filename) {
#origin url will be used if content is not available on DS
     proxy_pass http://10.10.10.1X;
location     / {
access_log /var/log/nginx/access_123.log access;
proxy_cache_valid    3d;
proxy_cache   a123;
root    /xyz/123;
if (!-e $request_filename) {
#origin url will be used if content is not available on server
     proxy_pass http://10.10.10.1X;
}
proxy_cache_key    $proxy_host$uri;

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,271842,271842#msg-271842