Set ssl_session_tickets each virtual host is unable?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Jan 12 19:20:20 UTC 2017

Hello!

On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 11:57:58AM -0500, malloc813 wrote:

> Hi, I tested nginx configuration and got one problem.
> For example, I made 2 virtual hosts. They are SSL enabled server.
>
> http
> {
> #host1
> server
> {
>     ssl_sesstion_tickets off;
> }
>
> #host2
> {
>     ssl_session_tickets on;
> }
>
> }
>
> Visit host1 after apply this configuration, chrome shows an error
> ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Works fine here.  The ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR is likely caused by
other problems in the configuration.  First of all try "nginx -t"
to see if there are obvious errors in your config.

> Is it impossible to set ssl_session_tickets differently each  virtual host?

No.

Session resumption happens in the context of the default server,
and it is not possible to have different session cache / session
tickets settings in virtual hosts.  In the above configuration
session tickets will be off for both servers (assuming they are
listening on the same ip/port and the first one is the default).

http://nginx.org/