Basic authentication

lacibaci nginx-forum at
Sat Jan 14 06:16:09 UTC 2017

Thanks, i found it just above. It looks like this:

location ~* \.php {
    fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php-fpm/php56-fpm.sock;

I would like to keep existing behavior (no user/passwd needed) except when
clients try to execute php in /private... directory. Something like this:

location ~* /private*\.php {
    satisfy any;
    deny all;
    auth_basic  "Protected";
    auth_basic_user_file    conf/htpasswd;

BTW this is on a Synology NAS, there are about a dosen different config
files so I want to ensure I don't break existing apps.