cache manager of nginx not clearing cache as expected

omkar_jadhav_20 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Jan 18 10:44:14 UTC 2017

I can not see any open files once i fire the command on affected servers :
lsof -n /cache | grep deleted
Also my question is why nginx is not limiting use of cache directory to its
max_size , like in this case I have mentioned max_size for cache directory
as 200G but in actual particular cache directory is crossing 200G of mark
i.e going up by 243 G.
Could you please exaplain why this happens and what needs to be done to
avoid such FS full scenarios which causes all requests to go upstream due to
lack of free space in FS.

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,272036,272038#msg-272038