Mail Proxy with xclient - connection lost

coolmike nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Jan 26 07:41:24 UTC 2017

Hi

I try to build a Mail proxy with nginx. It works already quite well, but I
need the real IP addresses in the header. Therefore I tried to use xclient.
But when I enable it, I just get the following at my exim mailserver log:

2017-01-20 13:42:00 SMTP connection from [46.xx.xx.xx]:54087 (TCP/IP
connection count = 1)
2017-01-20 13:42:00 SMTP connection from (mailproxy.xxxx.com)
[46.xxx.xx.xx]:54087 lost

I don't know why the connection is lost when I enable xclient.

Do I need a special configuration for my exim mailserver when I use xclient?

Regards
Michael

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,272145,272145#msg-272145