Is there a module that can prettify the page output before it is send to the requesting client?

Peter Booth peter_booth at
Tue Jul 4 17:45:33 UTC 2017

Depends on your definition of pretty and what you want to achieve. Are you looking for pretty for a human reader or for a browser?

Google's pagespeed module comes in both apache and nginx flavors and applies a bunch of page optimization transformations to the page and embedded resources. I've seen it reduce download times for an untuned site from 6 seconds to 1.2. But the HTML that's returned has been "prettified" for a browser not for a person to view.

Sent from my iPhone