FreeBSD Clean Install Permissions Errors

Viaduct Lists lists at
Thu Jul 13 22:58:02 UTC 2017

Hi there.  Thanks for the reply.

Persistent permissions issues are on other boxes, on OSX as well.  But I had some Passenger issues so I’ve moved into another issue.

But sudo nginx -t gets rid of the error on

That whole user/group issue on the user directive in nginx.conf is confusing as it ignores any attempt at using user root;.

So it has no user.  The install has user nobody; but that isn’t used, so the user is www.

Rich in Toronto @ VP