Nginx allowed characters inside full URL / URI and ARGS

lists at lazygranch.com lists at lazygranch.com
Fri Jul 14 23:54:59 UTC 2017

I took the opposite approach. You put a funny character in the URL, you get a 444.  I only allow underscore and hypen.

For a while, I was getting fuzzed. Maybe a year ago it was a thing. ‎Nothing bad happened, which I would say is a tribute to Nginx. I just returned 404s, but I figured I better trap this behavior before my luck runs out.