How to rate-limit jorgee malware scanner?

Gary Sellani lists at
Mon Jul 24 12:09:39 UTC 2017

I just detect the use agent and return 444, but every attempt to get a file will show up in your access.log.

I get two or three jorgee "sessions" a day. They tend not to use the domain name but reference your server by IP, so there might be some better blocking scheme.

  Original Message
From: tkadm30 at
Sent: July 24, 2017 3:14 AM
To: nginx at
Subject: How to rate-limit jorgee malware scanner?

The Jorgee malware scanner is creating a lot of activity on my site. I
would like to rate-limit its connections to nginx based on the
User-Agent, since blocking all IP addresses with iptables seems
impossible. Is their a quick way of doing this ?

Thank you in advance ,

Etienne Robillard
tkadm30 at

nginx mailing list