Buffering issues with nginx

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Jul 24 19:05:55 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 12:24:43PM -0400, Dan34 wrote:

Hi there,

> I did some logs on my proxy test and compared results with wireshark trace
> at some random point in time (t=511sec)
> And numbers match exactly between logs and wireshark.

Out of interest -- are these buffers especially big because "localhost"
is involved?

As in: if you do a direct wget-to-node connection on 127.0.0.1, do you
see the same problem as with nginx-to-node?

Or: if you make node and nginx be on different machines and do
wget-to-nginx, does that remove (or at least shrink) the problem?

It's not ideal, but if it's a pure-config way to get "total buffers"
to more closely match the desired buffers, it might be adequate.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org